Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to 12 years of Catholic school and I wore a uniform! I remember being in HS and rolling up the waistband after I left the house. But then when in school, the nuns would sometimes measure the length of the skirt--it was kind of funny----and then of course once you left school, you rolled up the waistband again....

Hey, great minds think alike, Joanne!

No, we call them skirts. Kilts are ... kilts, you know plaid/tartan scottish skirts??? That's what highschool uniforms have been for years here. We have 2 school boards here that are publicly funded: Public and Catholic. The Catholic high schools wear uniforms and have traditionally had a school "tartan". You can tell what school a kid goes to by their tartan. (The boys wear pants). The public schools do not generally have uniforms. Uniforms seem to be getting more popular here, though, for the level playing field reason.

We have that here, too, except that the Catholic schools typically have a shirt with an emblem instead of being plain. The public schools have logos, too, but mostly on t-shirts that the kids can wear on "spirit days" or Fridays. We are hoping to be able to send the girls to private high schools since the public ones here suck. That's pretty far off, though. LoL

I had a "tartan" plaid- you could always tell where someone went to school (Catholic) by the plaid of their uniform.

We have that rule at work- as far as shorts go- we are allowed to wear shorts to work on Friday's but they need to come to the knee

Oh, by the way everyone- happy 9-9-09

Right back atchya, Joanne!

A girl that I grew up with got married in ?Bermuda? today. Not positive that's where she went, but I know she didn't stay in Nebraska and get married.

Speaking of cleaning- I did come home to a nice clean house- DH had vacuumed, and looked like he cleaned the bathroom- the dishwasher was empty and kitchen was tidy. But, I think since it is going to rain tomorrow that I'll change the sheets on the bed, dust and vacuum the room and also start decluttering (while the DH is away, I can play (at throwing out stuff that he will never miss!!!)

Archived