Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone- sorry I'm late- was watching the President's speech, then DH called and then I just watched Derek jeter tie Lou Gehrig's record that stood for 72 years for the most hits ever hit by a NY Yankee--

I think bright pink is nice and cheerful

Colleen- I printed out the pattern for the RR- I'll be using worsted weight yarn- and thanks for the link to the stripe maker- I had seen that and saved it to my favs (but had forgotten about it). I hope that the color choice will be hardest part...lol...

Stacy- I hope you get to take a walk and clear your mind- sounds like a rough day- here's a:hug for you

Oh, yes! Isabella loves her new school. Her new teacher is nice, too, but we found out today that first grade is overflowed, so some of the students will be switching classes at the end of the week.

You could use Simply Soft for the hat, I think, that way you won't have to find a new pattern. :think

i love blue, Shannon- dusty blue or the aqua (turqouise) blue- I think anything would be nice- just because it is from you :-)

Why don't you close your eyes and just pick one out of the yarn cabinet and whatever it is is what you will use?

Hopefully Isabella won't have to change classes. Did you take lots of pictures of her in her skirt? So cute that she wanted to impress on the first day!

LeaAnne has been quiet- she hasn't been here since Monday--hope all is ok- probably just busy getting the kiddos ready for the big first day- I was sorry I couldn't meet her- but as it turns out she wouldn't have been able to come either since her DH was going to be out all day. I'm hoping that my next trip up to Boston we can meet.

Sorry about that- the laptop died and dh is using the charger, so I had to fire up the ol' desktop. :rofl

:hi Joanne!

I hope she doesn't have to, but if she does, at least she will only have been in the new one for 3 days. :shrug I took a few pics but she seems to like them so I think they will be used more often now. :D

I will be interested to hear if Isabella wants to wear a skirt tomorrow :lol

I just picked out something that DD likes to wear and gave it to her when it was time to get dressed this morning. She put it on without a scene or complaint :clap

Colleen- that is great- the fussy dresser is growing up maybe? Does she have something she wants to wear on Monday?

I remember my DD's always liked skirts--they still do. Interestingly enough they all brought skirts with them to Baltimore ( I felt like the odd lady out since I didn't bring one)

I love the idea of uniforms. I think it helps put the kids on a more level playing field (and it's easier for moms and dads too!). Our school doesn't have uniforms, but if things stay the same she will wear one for highschool :shrug Who knows! The highschools just made a rule that kilts are not allowed as part of the uniform :yay Those kilts were WAY too short :lol

My intuition is telling me not to mention what she will wear on Monday until Monday morning and do what I did today. "Here, get dressed". It seems to take the anticipation and the stress out of it. :shrug

DD likes dresses when she's in the mood. She likes to look like a princess.

Archived