Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just making the doily to try the thread out. I have no idea what I'll do with it. I don't use doilies myself, but it is the hearts one, so it would be cute to keep around for my table around Valentines day. :shrug That said, I'm not sure how it is going to turn out... Must block first. Should I starch it?

$70 a skein...... Iam sure Dh would kill me if I came home with that lolol

I know, mine too. Just think how much yarn you could buy for $70 let alone buying one skein. That's just crazy.

Ya, a little yarn shopping spree is always nice. So how many sweaters, etc. will you make for this craft fair? How long does it take you to make a sweater? Do you assemble them as you make them or do you do all the crochet and then assemble later? I was looking back at the pics of yours and your DD's sweaters--very nice. I was looking at your pic of the booth and thinking that is A LOT of crocheting going on there!

Just popping in to see what everyone was up to today- I got home around 9:15 and am tired so I'm not going to stay and chat. Just wanted you all to know that I am alive and kicking despite the hours and want to get a good night's sleep to tackle the day again tomorrow- working 9-5.

Stacy ---Klaus is sooo cute!

have a good night and have fun chatting Mary and Colleen!

I try for at least 40 sweaters sm, med, lg 10 each of these then 10 baby sets, sweater hat and booties. I make so many sweaters then I go back and sew them together, there isn't too much sewing, just shoulder and sleves. Then I do all the trims.

Ya, I love variegated yarn. I'm playing around with a sweater in variegated yarn. I originally bought the yarn figuring it would be a good border for my besties blanket, because it has lots of different colours in it. But I love the yarn so much I couldn't keep my hands off it. :rofl At first I thought I'd whip up a sweater for DD, but then I figured she wouldn't like the yarn colours as much as me and then I figured she probably wouldn't wear it anyway, so I adjusted things and I'm making it for myself.

Oh, that will be so pretty. What colour are you making it? The colours on that website are so yummy.

The variegated has purples, greens, blues, pinks. Very quick changes between colours. I think it will look great with jeans. I'm just doing a basic top down cardigan. I added a bit of bobbles and openwork to the yoke and then I might repeat that down at the bottom. I'm going to do the trim in solid...maybe in purple or green. I could also go denim blue for the solid, but I don't want to limit myself from wearing the sweater with black or beige pants too. We'll see. I've winged sweaters for DD several times, but this will be the first time I wing a sweater for me.

Good morning and happy Saturday to all- it is a rainy day here again (thanks to Tropical storm Danny). The positive side is that it is easier to go to work on a rainy day than on a sunny day.

Have a great day all- your cardigan sounds like it wil be nice, Colleen- and can't wait to see a pic of the thread project you worked on. Valentines Day doily that would be perfect

Mary- you amaze me with all you crochet-...my never ending square hasn't been touched all week----maybe tonight???

anyhow..gotta get ready......cya later.......

Archived