Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

:lol at your space issue, Joanne... that's what my ATTIC is for!!! I have tubs and tubs of yarn, all different weights, and at least 50 balls of size 10 cotton... I have been squirreling it for years:rofl

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are too funny, Vicki!

btw... fingerless gloves sound cute for DD! what color will you use?

:yes we are leaving EARLY... around 6. Cape traffic on Saturdays is no picnic, so we are hoping to beat it.... as far as the forecast goes, there is a rip-tide and high surf warning up, wind and rain are for sure.

My mother used to squirl away yarn. I inherited her stash when she died. When we were packing to move down here and we got to the yarn totes, hubby just looked at it and said "just what we need - more yarn". He was not happy. But I have to have my yarn! He has his sports stuff, I can have my yarn!

The flannelghan pattern is in the CAL forum-it's called the Flannelghan CAL and RoseRed posted her pattern and there are links to all that some of the viller's have made including our bestie, LeaAnne!

Is it hard to crochet with 2 skeins at the same time? I just love the look of the ghan and know that DH would love it- thinking of doing one of those for DD in the Bruins colors black and gold, or the Sox colors Red and White. So many WIM's

Is the flannelghan the one that was done with one strand of black and another color? I have seen that one. That is pretty. It's not hard to crochet with 2 stands. I like to do that!

Hubby is trying to drag himself to bed. Let me go and help him. I will be right back!

Are you bringing some crocheting with you? How is the sunflower ghan coming along- that is also a potential thing I want to try...along with a round ripple....along with the fingerless gloves...along with perfecting different squares....

:lol Mary... I used to :crocheting as fast as you do, so I did my stocking (pack ratting, really)... the past few years it's been hard with the kids being little. Now, I am finding time again:clap... see? It was all part of the plan:devil

...and Yes, You and I are alot alike, I think;)

As far as the beach house goes, we are on "high ground", so the rest of the street floods, but we don't. the stove is gas, so if we lose power, we can still cook. some candles, flashlights for the kids, and books and my :hook, and I will still call it vacation:lol Poor DH and DS, though, are supposed to golf tomorrow:eek

I am still what I consider a slow crocheter, but getting faster and stitches definitely are getting more consistent.

Has anyone heard from Scooby? I'm worried that we haven't heard anything and she has probably gotten some squares by now.

I am def. bringing :crocheting with me... The sunflower 'ghan is coming out really nice. I will share the pattern with you as soon as I write it up. I didn't really care for the one in the CAL when I made it... it was too, I dunno... loose or flimsy or something. The pics looked nicer than the real thing, if that makes sense. That's why I made up the one I did. It looks more "real" to me, and will be nice and warm.

Working with 2 strands is not hard, once you get the hang of it. It takes a little getting used to, holding the tension the same on both. I enjoy it when the colder weather comes in.

Night, Mary! I hope your body's clock gets fixed soon! Have a wonderful weekend, "sis" :hug

We are going until Monday. we have to be back for football. I agree, that "family time" just hanging out is the best!

...Man, Joanne! The :crocheting bug has bitten you BIG TIME! :rofl... i LOVE it!

btw, do any of you still plan to try the corner to corner throw? I still have that one on my WIM list.

I am worried about Scooby, too...

I pm'd her a couple of times, and pm'd her on her birthday, but haven't heard back... and :yes, the last time she posted was the end of July. She was in the middle of that school financials issue then, and was being inundated with houseguests...

You don't suppose she ran away with her HS sweetie, do you?? One can only hope... I am a romantic at heart, and an optimist, i guess.

I sure do miss her tho...

I looked at the corner to corner- it said it is intermediate level- I like it although I'm not up to that level yet- heck you all saw how long it took me to figure out a square:lol

I also love the wooleater blanket- by Sarah London- she is starting a new blog and is going to be posting the pattern again. She had taken it off because apparently someone was claiming it as their own. I love the vibrant colors of her work- but again, her stuff is probably to advanced for me now. She has these really neat Hawaiin flower squares on her blog at http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com

Archived