Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

I wish they were interesting to them books.

Lindsey has a book called "Lyddie", which is a historical novel about a girl in the Lowell Mills in the late 1800's. It is a snooze-fest, even by my standards... I like to read, but that book is really hard. Lindsey does not enjoy reading. she does what she need to do.

Jamie is reading John Steinbeck's "The Pearl"... (I didn't read that until high school). She is getting through it, but she is having a hard time with all of the symbolism in it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neighbour's DD just finished grade 8 and she read Twilight. I was just trying to guess at something they might like. I'll have to check out this Clique series. Krissy is your 9 yo, right? She's the reader? What does she like to read? I have a 9 yo to buy a b-day gift for next week.

I have no idea about the wild card :shrug Maybe? :shrug:lol

When we were first married DH played golf 3 - 4 times a week. Since DD was born, maybe 2 x per week. That said, he has just started playing again since hurting his back. He played pretty well considering it was his 2nd round of the year. I keep telling him to be happy he's playing at all. He says he would rather not play that shoot above the 70s :no Whatever!

hmmm.... she reads EVERYTHING! It depends on her mood...mysteries, funny stories, fairy stories, friendship stories...

what about a gift card to the book store, so she could get what she is interested in?

Gift cards are good. This little girl is DH's goddaughter and she loves to read. She is fun to buy for. With 2 nephews (10 and 8 years old), it is always easier for me to buy for girls.

Wow! 70's.... he's really good! My DH would love to play with him! He shoots in the low to mid 80's. My boys are going out tomorrow afternoon. DH is in his glory, to have a little golf buddy :rofl

Mid-80s is really good! WTG Mr. Stitch-in-Time. I'm sure DH would like to play with him too. DH is grooming DD to be a golfer. :rofl They go out to the practice green. He's planning to take her out for a few holes soon, but needs to find a quiet night on the course. To be honest, I see her more as the drama club type, but we all have dreams :rofl

congrats on your 700th post! :dance... of course, I don't dance like Shannon (I hope she made out ok at the wake:()

...and this is my 1300. we both got 00's at the same time! pretty cool!

Archived