I am....Round Ripple Challenged!!!!

melli

Question

This has been ths single most exasperating thing I have ever done! It is puckered. Not a nice smooth blankie at all! I have frogged it TOO MANY times and am simply ready to pitch it all in the trash. Am I the only one who suffers with this? :think

Melli, the round ripple I made puckered because I misread the pattern and wasn't increasing properly. Have you checked that? I was doing the 1 dc, ch2, 1dc shell at each point for 2 rounds and the 2dc, ch2, 2dc shell on the 3rd round, when I should have been doing the exact opposite (the 2dc shell for two rows and then the 1dc shell on the 3rd row) to make it lie right. DOH! I was 12 or 13 rows in when I realized it and I was rushed so I didn't frog, I just started doing it right ... so the center was puckery and the outside lay flat. BUT when I finished the afghan I blocked it lightly with a steam iron and wouldn't ya know, it lay perfectly flat for me! I'd say first check to see if you're making the same mistake I did; then if you're doing it right and it's still puckering, run get your steam iron and just steam -- don't press! -- one of the puckery sections a bit. If it lies down for you, hey, you're good to go :)

Puckers make it cozy. I say keep going until you finish. I made a roundish blanket that was actually supposed to be twice the size and then granny squares added to finish the sides to make it a square, but I only went halfway through when I decided I didn't like the pattern that much. It became a doll blanket for my daughter and it doesn't come close to lying flat. I wonder if I had finished it, would it lie flat?

Archived