Flannelghan as one piece?

is it possible to make this as one piece instead of sections? i dont like sewing sections together. well not so far, my attempts in practice have been messy and im a perfectionist :).

if im sewing tops of rows together or things made in the round im happy but not row edges. was wondering if i made it as squares in the round then i will be happier with sewing them together?

does that make sense?

thanks

It would be easy to do it in one piece in rows, the only thing you would have several skeins hanging off your work. Instead of strips x stitches across, you would chain x times the number of strips plus 1 for turning, then make x stitches, switch one of the colors, make x stitches, switch one of the colors, and so on.

lol its not sewing i dont like its sewing sides together. if im doing things made in the round or just tops of rows to bottoms of rows, then im happy :) a silly thing i know. i guess i just need more practice :

When you do color work, if you turn clockwise one row, then counterclockwise the next, your threads will only ever be crossed once every other row. It also helps to 'corral' your skeins/bobbins, I have a stand-up workbasket tote thing (wooden legs with fabric sling, fold up into a tote with handles) that works great.

I'm not sure if this method works with double-stranding...:think

If you make it per pattern in strips, you will only have 4 seams for a 5 strip blanket...

Archived