Taught a knitter some crochet stitches.

In our group, we have both knitters and crocheters. And we all get along pretty darn good. Never is there the conversation of which one is better. We accept the differences and enjoy each other's company.

One of the knitters has been doing some free form crochet. She doesn't really read a pattern, and just comes up with some very cute projects on her own.

She wanted to make a headband out of single crochet that increases and decreases. So I found a pattern and made one myself, just to see how it would turn out. She loved it and wanted to learn how.

We sat on the sofa and I showed her how to make it. We worked in the back loops only, we used double yarn and a large hook, we increased and decreased for a practice swatch. I can't wait to see how she did over the week. I'm hoping she comes in and has one all finished. It was just so fun to be teaching her these steps in crochet. And teaching her not to be afraid of patterns. :)

Have you taught anyone lately?

:manyheart

CLLinda, so glad that you are teaching a knitter how to crochet.

I am learning how to knit and I am loving it. I have almost finished a 6 foot scarf that I will be sending to my dear big brother. While I'm teaching myself to knit, I am in the process of trying to teach my grown daughter how to crochet. She is doing pretty good, but she just doesn't take a lot of time to practice. She only picks up her hook when we get together once a week or so.

I'm teaching a couple of 8 year olds from my church. They are both very eager to learn. it is so fun and gratifying to see them get excited when they succeed at something new!

It's good to share our skills. And this lady was so happy and excited to be learning to do something new in her life. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to help her out.

:manyheart

Archived