calling canadain crocheters

I am wondering if any of you buy your yarn online? If you do can you tell me where? I live in a very small area and my 1 and only yarn source is 1 hrs drive and they don't have the best selection. I have ordered online before from mary maxim but their selection is starting to get poor. Just wondering what else is out and that is a safe and relaible site. Thanks in advance.

I am wondering if any of you buy your yarn online? If you do can you tell me where? I live in a very small area and my 1 and only yarn source is 1 hrs drive and they don't have the best selection. I have ordered online before from mary maxim but their selection is starting to get poor. Just wondering what else is out and that is a safe and relaible site. Thanks in advance.

I have only ordered 1 or 2 times online and it was from Lionbrand I like their yarn. I have tried Vanna's Choice, Vanna's Choice Baby, Wool-ease thick & quick and Pound of Love. :crocheting

Elann.com they have really good shipping rates too. The last package that I ordered from them only cost $5.63 in shipping and it was a big package, beside their shipping rates their prices are reasonable.

The new Shop.hobbylobby.com will also ship to canada but you have to phone in your order and their shipping rates to Canada are very high.

I'm not in Canada, but I buy almost 100% of my yarn online because I live in a small town in South Texas without a local yarn store and a supero WalMart with an extremely small selection of yarn (maybe 40 different colors of Red Heart and your basic white and ecru size 10 crochet thread).

I just received a large order from LionBrand.com and I'm VERY satisfied with the yarn, the service, the prices AND the shipping rates.

Smiley's has WONDERFUL prices (some of their yarns are as much as 80% off retail price!) but the drawback is that you have to order a minimum of $50 to buy from them. Their shipping rates are pretty low, though, but I don't know about rates to Canada.

Knitting Warehouse has a great selection of yarn as well, with low shipping rates, but again, I don't know what their rates are for shipping to Canada.

I buy a lot of yarn from Ebay as well. There is a seller called Yarn Paradise that has ALL different kinds of yarn and their prices are amazingly good. They are in Turkey. I have bought a lot of yarn from them and their shipping to the U.S. is very reasonable, so I can't see it being much more to ship to Canada. Here's a link to their site: Welcome To Yarn Paradise Discount Wholesale Yarn Store | Yarn Paradise Online Store

And, as it states at the bottom of each Crochetville page, if you buy from Amazon.com, Joann.com or Createforless.com, a portion of what you spend goes to Crochetville, and there are discounts and special deals from Joann.com if you're from Crochetville, from what the buttons at the bottoms of the pages say.

Archived