Crochet Advert on TV!

pastelito

YES! I agree - just saw this add today . In the first edition which costs 99p - you get the magazine, yarn , hook and DVD to help you learn the stiches. Then each week you get more yarn to make another square and eventually you have a sampler ghan. Each subsequent issue costs £2.99. Very unusual for the UK to have a crochet magazine - maybe the publishers have been looking on Crochetville and seen all the posts with us poor UK crocheters moaning about our lack of resources. Maybe shops will be stocking Red Heart yarn next! Well I can dream!!!!

hi do you know the name of the mag i saw the advert but forgot what its called and cant find it at my local shops so im hoping i can see if i can find it online

any help appreciated

It's called 'The Art Of Crochet' :)

There is ANOTHER crochet magazine published in Britain. It's called Inside Crochet,I live in the US but all the adverts are for England so..... Oh and because it IS a British mag the stitches are in British terms they also include stitch diagrams so if you can read those no problem,if you are an American crocheter and can't hopefully you can remember the translation in your head. I play both Alto and Soprano recorders which have different fingerings for the same notes,so I do not have too much trouble translating in my head. :)

Does anyone know what kind of yarn comes with the magazine? If it's semi-decent, I think it would definitely be worth getting the first issue at least. 99p for 2 balls of yarn!

@Sockmad: wow! I had no idea Alto and Soprano recorders had different fingerings. Not that my recorder-playing ever got past primary school standard, but I do play the flute. You learn something new every day! :)

Archived