Lots of questions about craft shows

Okay I might as well make a list. This is something I have been interested in for quite a while. So I will just rattle off all my questions and any answers will be greatly appreciated!

1. How do you start getting into the craft shows??

2. How do you find them, like I tried gooleing in my area and I'm stuck??

3. How many items should you have ready made?

4. How do you price items?

I looked up my county fair (Googled county name + craft fair), which happens to occur right down the road from me and they have craft shows with prizes given out. It seems rather easy to get into, and it's free, so I plan on entering some stuff next year.

It sounds as if you are interested in making a business out of selling at craft shows (as opposed to just having a booth in an occasional craft show here and there). If so, you might want to consider joining our Crochet Business Center. You can click here for information on how to request access.

I would suggest reading through some of the business articles that are available as links in the CBC for everyone to read. These articles can help you decide if you really want to operate a business or not.

If you decide you do, then you can get much more detailed business-type answers in the CBC than members are able to post in the regular non-business areas of Crochetville.

There is a website (and published book which I've sometimes seen in either Michael's or Hobby Lobby) that is a directory of craft shows around the country. I can't remember the URL, but a Google search should turn it up fairly easily.

Archived