afghan or tunisian stitch

Guest RubidiumDawn

Question

Guest RubidiumDawn

is it important? because I don't like it, I'm not good at it and i think it's a waste of time? Am I just being stubborn?

*Dawn

6 answers to this question

There definitely seems to be tons of projects that don't use the stitch, so you should be able to avoid it for awhile. Stubbornness is a redeeming quality, right? Because I'm not in any hurry to attempt it myself. ;)

Guest SamplerLady

No, it's not important if you don't want to do it. Crocheting should be fun (for the most part). Then again, practice makes perfect. You may not be interested in it now, but down the road you may find a use for it.!:bigsmile

Exactly what I was gonna say! :lol Crocheting should be fun, so you don't have to do anything you don't want to!

Myself, I love the look of the afghan stitch and can't wait to try it. But I've got too many other projects going right now. :P

Dawn, I learned the stitch a bit ago so that I could make an afghan for my Grandpa. I don't think I"d do it everyday. And you certainly don't have to do it. I think you could convert any pattern from that to single crochet. ( That's only because I had the option of doing it, I could be wrong)

Amber

:hook the nice thing about the afghan stitch is if you want to use a graph chart. You can either do it the harder way and change colors will crocheting or do the whole thing in an afghan stitch and then go back and cross stitch, which is easier with the afghan stitch than with any other stich because the afghan stitch give you a background that looks just like the adia cloth you would normally cross stitch on.I have been crocheting for 14 yrs and this past year I finally tackled the afghan stitch and while it is not one of my favs because it is more time consuming, I loved the finished project. I did a fireman's theme blanket as a gift and it was recieved well ( I haven't figured out how to put the pic with my post so if you wanna see the blanket it's on my blog in my photo albums) But I am like the others....do a stitch you enjoy or you won't enjoy crocheting!:manyheart

Archived