Can someone please help

Hi..My name is Ashley..I have ben crocheting for a little over two years..I taught myself how to do it and not a single person in my family knows how..I recently made an afghan and it is really crooked lol..My hubby feels the urge to remind me of that fact when i use it..But I just tell him that if you turn you head just the right way it is straight..And to be honest it does not matter it was my first blankie and I was proud..I know it was tension but that has gotten much better..

Oh sorry rambling here is my question..

I was in our laundry room and found an afghan I would really like to find a pattern for but I dont know what kind of stitch is used or anything..

I can tell you this..When it is laying flat it is one single pattern just repeating certain steps..and it varies in color and is diagonal..but the stitches look like little squares..and when i say squares it looks like three double crochet in a chain..but when it is diagonal it looks like a block..does anyone know what this kind of pattern would be called..

If you need a picture I can take one..I have tried everywhere and no one seems to know what I am talking about..

Any help would be really appreciated..

Thank you

Ashley

Hello and welcome to C'ville, Ashley! The stitch your describing sounds like the 'Diagonal Box Stitch'. Check it out here to see if it matches (page two shows more of the fabric). Hope this helps!

It does look like those..the one they made is much tighter i think which is a good thing because i am that way too..That is the hardest part for me is tension..But now that I know it is a Diagonal Box Stitch i should be okay..I was going through every book and online thing imaginable..I was beginning to think it was a diagonal shell pattern...thank you guys so much..I really really appreciate it :)

That's a quick, easy pattern, too, and you can just stop making it bigger whenever you feel like it.

As for your crooked first one (whose isn't?) why don't you put a fancy edging on it now that your tension is better? There are ways to hide some of the bumps and wiggles in a good edging, and if it's fancy enough your DH will have to find something else to complain about :D

The first one I made was crooked because I was working into the first stitch right under the turning chain at the beginning of a row and not working into the turning chain at the end of a row. I had it backwards...lol. Just make sure you aren't doing that!!

Archived