I had to take a break :-(

I ended up straining my hand. So I had to stop for almost a week. I thought it was one of those things that would go away on it's own the next day. But I had it for few days and it was a bummer that it even felt uncomfortable to crochet. So I found information how to do a hand massage and that saved my hand! It felt better right away. Tonight was my friends memorial, even though we were to celebrate his life, I saw his parents and his family (posted about him in the prayers section) and I could no longer control my emotions.. even though I tried my best to hold it because I didn't want to offend anybody. Even when I left I was crying all the way home. Then suddenly I felt like finishing my project so I did just that. Amazing how fast 1 skein of yarn got used, must have been because I put all of my emotions on it.

I am so glad you are feeling better. My best friend once said that no one really understands all that goes in to your work...All the thoughts you think and your emotions. I think that is why prayer shawls are so powerful. You channeled your grief in to somehting beautiful.

:hug

Yeah when I am done with this scarf, I am going to make a comfort blanket/shawl for his mom and gave it to her for the holidays coming up. Because the holidays are the worst times to go through when you lost somebody IMO because that is the time you're with family and loved ones the most.

:hug I'm so sorry for the rough waters you've found yourself in with the loss of your dear friend, Jennifer. You are so right, crocheting can have such grounding powers, serving as a special means to sort through our emotions (as I share in my signature).

The comfort blanket/shawl that you plan on making for your friend's Mom will lend great comfort to you both, I'm sure. Continue to take care, Jennifer. :ghug

Archived