Crochet Pattern Buying Question

Just a quick question for you all:

Would you be put off in buying a pattern online from a designer if it required you to set up an account whereby the only info asked of you is your first name, last name, password (your choosing), and email addy?

I’m never a fan of having to set up an account on websites, but I’m looking into switching over to some software that would take care of PDF delivery on it’s own and not have to rely on outside sources and this would require a login for customers.

The email address would be used to designate you, "Jane Smith" of Nebraska, as a different person than that other "Jane Smith" from Nebraska, if you catch my drift. If the site clearly stated that it would never use your personal information (name and email) for anything ever, would you still be put off from purchasing? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! It's greatly appreciated. :)

I don't generally buy patterns (I see many I would like to buy, but in all honesty I rarely have time to crochet) so I hope you don't mind input from someone who doesn't buy patterns but who DOES have to sign up to crochet sites for other reasons (accessing free patterns to update my website, etc.)

My answer would be this: Name, email address, and password are acceptable, but that information would be my limit and I usually draw the line there. I do not give my mailing address for fear I will start getting junk mail. (I know you wouldn't send junk mail.) :)

Also, the email address I give may or may not be my main email address (it depends on where I am signing up and how much I trust that site).

I do not deal with a site that does not have a snail mail addy or I cannot trace where they are located for contact. In short, the more information a crochet site asks of me, and the less they supply of themselves, I stear out and stay away. :)

Archived