Dinosaur Hoodie Question

Hello Shana! I haven't made the Dinosaur Hoodie, so I'm of no help; I just didn't want you to feel your post was being skipped over. You know, I did do a quick forum search and see that fellow C'ville member, Jain, has made one, as posted here. Perhaps if you PM her, she'd be able to give you the heads up on what she thinks is the difficulty level on the project. It looks fairly easy, looking at the photo.

I suggest giving it a shot; it will be a great (and fun) way to get some 'wearable' experience! And, if you do, I look forward to seeing your finished hoodie! :yes Best wishes!!!

I haven't made it, but it is rated easy and in reading the instructions it doesn't look too hard. The body & sleeve shaping is minimal. I really wish wearable patterns all came with schematics, this doesn't, but hopefully the photos will help you put it together.

Here's my 'generic two cents' regarding wearables:

(1) Make sure you do a gauge swatch, multiple times if you have to to get your hook/yarn combo to match the pattern. You can make it and rip it out and re-use the yarn in the hoodie.

(2) find a sweatshirt that fits your son, lay it out and measure it to determine which size (chest measurement) you need to make, and how long you want it. When I make a sweater for mysef I have a 'reference sweater' that I measure my work against as I go. I often have to adjust the number of rows to get the length I want (I'm short waisted), make sure the width is on track to my gauge swatch, make sure the armhole depth is OK, etc.

Good luck!

Thank you both so much. I did notice that there was only the one post that showed up regarding this hoodie. I just think it is adorable and my son loves dinos. I guess I am just nervous because it is something i haven't tried yet. But I am going to do it and am excited about it. I appreciate the help tremendously!

Hi,

I am always trying new things. I go into it knowing it will take longer than usual and I may have to rip it out a few times. As long as you take your time, make sure you follow the directions carefully, you can make anything!

Archived