Flexible Afghan Hook?

StitchWitch

I have one and have used it. It is used to make afghan stitch afghans that require a lot of stitches. (Think full sized afghans with all the stitches on one hook.)

Hope this helps!

:hug

I have had bad experiences with those hooks, everyone I have bought has broken half way through the afghan. I make some large afghans around 200 to 240 stitches. I prefer to use Silvalumes circular crochet hook, its 40" long and had a crochet hook on each end. I just put a rubber band on the end. They sell them on the Joanns website and http://www.createforless.

I've used the really big ones. I kept bonking myself in the head with the end, got frustrated and never picked it back up.

Tunisian is very tight. You can use an L hook for a nice drape or a J hook for a stiff and rigid ghan.

• 5 weeks later...

I have used it (Susan Bates) for a wide baby ghan because stitches were too cumbersome on the 14" for me. But the the ends waved around. Depends on how many stitches you are comfortable cramming onto the straight hook before you go this route. The cord is not very flexible. I think the previous poster was talking about the Annie's Attic brand where I had a cord break. The Susan Bates Silvalumes is much more sturdy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived