Cabbage Patch dolls

I am recovering from brain surgery, which has left me unable to crochet [for now] due to resulting double vision. I have over 200 crocheted Cabbage Patch doll dresses I've made the past few years, so I figured I was covered for niece's birthdays, Christmas, etc.

So, I bought one niece a Cabbage Patch doll for her 3rd birthday and went to put one of the dresses on it- The doll is SMALLER than they used to be!! When did this happen?!? :eekIf I were healthy, I could easily adjust the pattern for the dress but not at the moment!And I now have loads of dresses that will only fit on the original sized doll!:angry

I have 2 CPK babies. The girl is 15" and the boy is only 14". My other one is 17".

I have just come to the conclusion that close counts in horsehoes, hand grenades and CPK's. :rofl

I do empathize with you. it is frustrating and annoying.

get her an "old" one that is still new in a box. i'm sure there are tons of them on ebay.

Thanks! I have to admit I never thought of that- sadly, the party is Sunday!

I have 2 CPK babies. The girl is 15" and the boy is only 14". My other one is 17".

I have just come to the conclusion that close counts in horsehoes, hand grenades and CPK's. :rofl

I do empathize with you. it is frustrating and annoying.

That's funny! [My dad is a lifelong horseshoe pitcher, so that comment is so appropriate.] I don't know about the hand grenades!:D

I have a preemie and Scottish world traveler Cabbage Patch doll, that's probably from the 1980's!

Archived