Crochet Gifts For Those Who Crochet?

well My best friend can crochet but not advily.. her mom crochets... My uncle crochets.. but If i was to do somethin for them I'd buy them suplies. so they could make themselfs something.. as I love getting crochet suplies.. like yarn and projects to work on.

but I do love a good handmade (even if it's not by me) afghan. beacuse i can apreciate the work put into it considering I know how it's done

When I make a gift for someone else who crochets, knits, whatever - I try to make something they will use, be it a hat or afghan. I may use a more intricate pattern and unless it's an afghan, I'll use a better quality yarn. I know they'll recognize it & appreciate the time & thought I put into the gift. I don't mean to sound like someone who doesn't make these things doesn't appreciate them, only that someone who does knit or whatever themselves knows the piece of you that you put into your work & the time you spent. I guess what I mean is that family & friends like/ appreciate what I make but it's the people who craft things themselves who really understand.

No one in my family crochets. My sister knits. I have learned how to knit basic stitches this summer. I love handmade things. Last x-mas I made all but two of my gifts. This went well so I am doing this again. Most crafters love handmade things.Also pattern books,hooks, thread, and me,Well I usually tell when I want something special. This year I have requested an edgerydo. Sometimes you have to go with gut feelings and know the person recieving the gift.

Archived