What is considered the joining chain?

CrochetisCrack2001

Question

I'm working on the same silly project for two nights now and have frogged it both times. :help I'm working in the round making a beret. I keep feeling like the pattern is flawed somehow but it's from a reputable magazine so it's probably just me *sigh*.

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what it means when it says "sc around post of joining dc" AND "sc in same ch as joining"...not necessarily in that order in the pattern but you get the idea.

Thank you for the help so much...I'm getting so frustrated on this one....I want my beret! :thair

5 answers to this question

Is this the raspberry beret in the new Crochet Today? http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/raspberry-beret

I saw you also posted about that in another thread.

I don't have the magazine to refer to. Is there a stitch diagram you can look at for clarification, or an explanation at the beginning of the pattern that defines "joining" stitch?

Yep that's it. It defines everything except what it means by "joining", but I think it may just mean under where the slip stitch was placed and the two parts joined together. I'll probably just have to keep doing it until I finally get it....plus I get paranoid that it doesn't look right even though I believe I counted all the stitches properly and whatnot.

Thanks anyways. :)

Yep that's it. It defines everything except what it means by "joining", but I think it may just mean under where the slip stitch was placed and the two parts joined together. I'll probably just have to keep doing it until I finally get it....plus I get paranoid that it doesn't look right even though I believe I counted all the stitches properly and whatnot.

Thanks anyways. :)

Every pattern I've used that referred to the joining chain or joining stitch meant just that - the chain or stitch in which you joined the round to complete it. So "sc around post of joining dc" would mean you do the sc around the post of the dc you slip-stitched into to join the round (I don't have this particular pattern either, but I'm guessing the round probably started with a ch2 or ch3, which you count as the first dc). "sc in same ch as joining" means to make a sc into the ch you slip-stitched into to join the round.

Archived