Crochet!...and yarn!!

Wow I was looking on the net about different kinds of materials you could use to crochet with...and found THIS!

Wow! A MEGA CROCHET DOILY RUG! It was HAND crocheted! Probably didn't take that long...Ok enough...lol!

I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and was got some Vanna's Choice...which I have never used before and love it!...well it was marked down 10-15%...$2.99 marked down to $2.67. I am making the "Raspberry Beret" from the latest issue of Crochet Today!...So I needed 2 skeins which would have been $5...34...I didn't pay much attention to the price on the register and when I got home I found out I paid FULL PRICE! UGH!! Not that big of deal I know...but the cashier was a stuck-up teen!...NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT WAS ON SALE! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should go back but I live an hour away from Hobby Lobby, and it wouldn't save money to drive back there. Later that day I went to my local Goodwill...and guess what I found!...3 BRAND NEW balls of Sugar & Cream! I paid $0.59 for them!...their about $1.50 each in the store! YES! LOL!:dance

-Baylee

I'm glad to see this lady is doing the crochet with her hands - I was wondering how she managed to weald such a large hook :) Very effective....

Don't you just love it when you find those great sales?? I live in CA and we don't have Hobby Lobby, so when I visit my family in TX about 2 or 3 times a year I take my big carry on bag I call my "yarn bag". I go to Hobby Lobby and stock up. They have several brands I can't get at Michael's. This summer I was able to make the trip to TX twice and I brought home about 65 balls of different kinds of yarn.!!!:D My bag will hold about 30-35 depending on the kind. I found alot of the fancy specialty yarns that were originally 5-7 dollars on sale for $1.99!!!!! Those are great for scarfs. As you can imagine I loaded my bag! And I love their store brand appropriately named "I Love This Yarn". It's so soft, great for baby stuff.

I'm going again in Nov. so my "yarn bag" will be filled once again!:yay

I got a bargain at Michael's this afternoon!!! Red Heart lilac yarn that normally sells for $3.49 was 97 cents. Yup..... 97 cents a skein so I took all 6 that were left. It is not the softest in the world, but I figure I can get a few lapghans out of 6 skeins and then wash them and soften with fabric softener. I like the color and for that price...... wow!!!

I also bought fancy ribbons that were originally sold for $2.50 - I got them for 28 cents!!!!!

I have NOT taken them out of the trunk yet.... will wait till hubby goes to the store and then slip it all onto my yarn storage shelf. He'll never know more has been added.. I hope.

I am glad you found such a great deal. You deserved it after the overcharge at HL! My experience with HL is that they have fantastic sales, but you better know your sale paper! Seldom do I go in there when I don't have to remind them that an item is on sale...so you really have to watch! there are a ton of items on the paper and it changes every week

Archived