Did you know this?

cristin~FL

I get "Talking Crochet" email newsletter written by Carol Alexander.

This week's letter stated the difference between variegated and ombre -- I never knew they were different, I thought the terms were interchangable. Apparently not. :blush

"Variegated" means the yarn changes from one color to another, different color (ie purple to pink to blue to green, for example). "Ombre" yarn is all one color but in varying shades (off-white to beige to lt. brown, etc).

So there you have it!

That will teach me to delete that Talking Crochet newsletter without reading it first! In my defense, I was very busy and deleting spam as fast as I could and wasn't paying much attention.

I don't think I ever considered the difference between variegated and ombre. Interesting.

I sort of knew that, but everybody does seem to consider them the same, so I hadn't thought about it much. At least it clears up one thing for me--I pretty much dislike variegated, but like ombre. I'll have to check into that newsletter. Sounds useful.

I never knew it. It's good to know tho and it makes sense. I guess I just assumed they were the same and that different companies called them different things for whatever reasons.

Archived