sc in a sc?

larmstrong2

Question

I started a baby afghan recently and I am already stumped. In round 5 they ask you to put a sc in a sc stitch from the previous round. The sc from the previous round is bordered by ch1 stitches on each side. How on earth do I put a sc in a sc :think ---- where would it go? I am afraid that I will accidentally put the sc in the ch1 stitch and then the round will be off. :(

http://www.leisurecrafts.com/catalog/crochet/la3201.htm

The afghan is in the upper left hand corner of this link. It kind of looks like a spider web. Any help that I could get would be much appreciated. I am holding off on continuing until I get can get this sc in a sc cleared up. :eek

Thanks!

Lona :hook

8 answers to this question

That's my favorite baby afghan book! Did you see the Guardian Angel afghan in it? I'm 1/4 way thru that pattern. It's gorgeous. I'll have to look at the pattern you are referring to, to figure it out. I'll get back with you. What is the title of the afghan you are doing?

Have you tried?:think :think :think

If you just "Do it" as Nike says, you may be surprised.

I would say you put your hook right under the 2 loops on the top of the previous SC and work as normal. I guess you are working in rounds so you will be looking at the front of the stitch which is actually easier than working into the other side when doing rows.:cheer :cheer :cheer

Maybe you could write out the instructions for those two rows so we can see better what you need to do.

Colleen:hug :hug :hug

The angel in that book is gorgeous but a little intimidating - you'll have to let me know how it goes. I am currently working on Baby Lace on pages 51 - 53 in that book.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. :manyheart

Thanks!

Lona:hook

:( I'm a little scared to try. I know that is not the way to think about this, but I already :frog this one out twice. You'd think that I would be paying attention while crocheting, but I guess not. Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind and see what happens.

Lona

Go under the 2 top threads of the sc of the previous row.

If you've done and afghan with a sc row and then went back on top of that row and made a sc in the previous ones, it's the same thing.

Maybe you need to practice a little? Make 10-15 sc and then turn it and make a second row of sc in the first row of sc and so on.

Good luck!:hook

Rnd 4: ch3, 3 dc in last ch-2 sp made, ch1, sc in next ch-1 sp, ch1, * (4 dc, 3ch, 4dc) in next ch-2 sp, ch1, sc in next ch-1 sp , ch1, repeat from * around, 4 dc in same sp as first dc, ch1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 72 sts and 24 sps. (ok so far)

Rnd 5: ch3, 4 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch2, skip next 4 dc, sc in next sc, ch2, skip next ch-1 sp, *(5dc, ch3, 5dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch2, skip next 4 dc, sc in next sc, ch2, skip next ch-1 sp; repeat from * around, 5 dc in same sp as first dc, ch1, hdc in frist dc to form last ch-3 sp: 88 sts and 24 sps.

Rnd 6: ch3, 4 dc in last ch-3 sp made, ch1, tr in next ch-2 sp, tr in next sc and in next ch-2 sp, ch1, *(5dc, ch3, 5dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch1, tr in next ch-2 sp, tr in next sc and in next ch-2 sp, ch1; repeat from * around, 5 dc in same sp as first dc, ch1, hdc in first dc to form last ch-3 sp: 104 sts and 24 sps.

The angel in that book is gorgeous but a little intimidating - you'll have to let me know how it goes. I am currently working on Baby Lace on pages 51 - 53 in that book.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. :manyheart

Thanks!

Lona:hook

Here's the thread with pictures of what I have done so far on the Guardian Angel It looks much harder than it really is. It's done mainly in sc and the loop stitch.

Archived