How do I make a half circle?

kayscrilla

Question

10 answers to this question

looking closely8o

i don't think that is made in a half circle. just steady decreases on both sides of a dc or sc (with a large hook), then on the side edges, dc's to give it a softer-round look. probably the same with the collar thing, with decreases to come to make the point where it comes together, then a big 'ol rose pin.

anybody else?

Ok so I was curious to know how to crochet a half circle after reading this thread....I went on a google mission ...as I would also love to learn how to crochet a half circle I surely can be done I found a rag rug crocheted in the same shape see here: LA_75033e_225.jpg

Here is a pattern for a half a watermelon rug ...I'll bet if you play around with this pattern you may end up with something you are looking for.

Semi Circle watermelon rug

HTH

Ro-

Guest SamplerLady

Here's a pattern I develope a while back when I wanted to do the same thing.

Half Circle Lapghan

Row 1: Ch 2, 6 dc in second ch from hook

Row 2: Ch 2, dc in same st as beg st, 2 dc in each remaining dc across

Row 3: Ch 2, dc in same st as beg st, dc in next st, *2 dc in next st, dc in next st* across ending with 2 dc in turning chain

Continuing Rows: Ch 2, dc in same st as beg st, increase the number of *dc in next st(s) by one for each row, then 2 dc in next st* and repeat across.

IOW, Row 4 would be ch 2, dc in same st as beg st, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st* across ending with 2 dc in turning chain

Row 5 would be ch 2, dc in same st as beg st, *dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st* across, ending with 2 dc in turning chain and so on until desired size is reached.

Howerver, I agree....the pic you posted isn't a half circle. It's like if you cut a pie into 8 pieces and took away two adjacent pieces. What remains -the six pieces- is the shape you're looking for to make the shawl in that picture. :))

Okay, this is really bugging me now--thanks. That wrap is really pretty. It looks like it is made in the form of a CAPE. So, I went searching and let me tell you, Adult capes are hard to come by. However here is a link to a crocheted baby cape that if you modified, it would probably turn out kind of like something your looking for.

www.******/...lacap.html

I'll keep looking, cause frankly, I wouldn't mind having a wrap similar to that one in your picture :thinking1

Let me know what you think

~DAWN

Archived