Clothesline crochet questions

crochettreasures

Question

Hi Everyone!

I have a questions about this neat technique using clothesline. From what I can gather - it looks like you can do rugs, chair mats, and smaller baskets. Has anyone ever worked up larger types of baskets? I have a bunch of rather large House plants/trees that are housed in quite ugly pots and would like to try my hand at making one of these crocheted baskets. I think the clotheline will give it enough firmess to hold up but haven't seen any pictures or any comments on something like this.

I figured I would through this idea out there.

3 answers to this question

I'm trying to make containers to go over the existing "UGGGGLY" pots the trees are in. They are just in the plastic "Training" pots that our tree people use to transport plants at our office. Over the years the tree people will place the office plants up for adoption. I can't resist and have now populated my little one bedbroom apt with all sorts of plants as well as my boyfriends house.

Anyway - I'm looking for containers to house the "UGGLY" Pots. I got the idea from the link that sawpnae provided.

here is the link to my plants (just a few of them) oh and some crochet stuff - I really need to update it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crochettreasures/my_photos

Archived