Widowed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 65 and have very good health. Nithing wrong with me so far but depression I have had since 1989 and that is under control. *I have four girls and 2 son in laws and a gaggle of grandchildren and five great grandchildren.I crochet and love to read. And I am trying to get into making quilts. I am retired and live with my youngest daughter and her husband. I am very lucky to have children who love me and are ready to stand by me when I need them.Thew friendships are short for me because I have a hard time trying*to get out and make friends so I am now tring to go through the Senior Center to see what I can find and do.*I am in love with my computer and as my husband used to tease me it is my second husband.LOLIt has been a sad year this year for me and my total family tree. My uncle died in Oct and then my mother in February and then my husband in March so I keep in contact with my sister and aunt.*I have handled this pretty well and am not bragging because I believe it was an act of God for my husband to go so quick*the drs didnt even get him diagnosed in time until he went into the hospital the 4th of March. then it went from six months to weeks to days. He was home five days before he left us so it was a blessing he didnt know what was going on. When he went out on us it was fast and we brought him home until he passed.

I am very thankful for that. He didnt suffer.

I use google talk and I love to crochet so if any of you would want to chat with me let me know and I will add you to my google.

I love to read and browes blogs and I am crazy about granny squares of any kind and those that are not granny squares. It seems a challange to me just to make up different squares, hexes or what ever just to see the way they look and the texture of the stitches. I love talking about crochet

Mary Ann

Nice meeting you, Mary Ann. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you are going through. The ladies(and men) of this group are a wonderful bunch and will be here if you need to talk. God bless you and I hope your broken heart heals soon. When my Dad Passed, my Mom had to make a complete lifestyle change. I saw how difficult it was for her. In the end, she came through and developed an independence I never thought she could have. She has passed away a couple of years ago now. I'm comforted in believing they are together again and that I will see them again some day.

Hugs and prayers,

Beth

I have been married 42 years to my husband and he is fighting terminal cancer now. They removed the infected kidney but it was too far gone. We didn't expect to have him around this long but the chemo has delayed the cancer growth giving us more time togather. I know when the day comes my life as I know it will totally change - my best friend and life pardner will sure live a big empty hold in my life. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you can eventually fill that hold with grandkids, church and charity work

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved husband, my prayers are with you during this most difficult time. I have lost far to many to cancer I feel your pain.

Archived