Chevron Slytherin Bag :)

strangeseraph

I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't crocheted in a long time either. :/ Life sucks sometimes, its good to be able to play with yarn again. :crocheting

I'm working on a shoulder bag in response to the Pottermania resulting from this month's release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I hope to have it done in time for the movie release so I can bring it with me to the movie showing. I like to sneak my own 'healthy' foods with me into the theatre. ;) Do you do that?

The bag it turning longer than I thought. Should I make it a shoulder bag or a backpack maybe?

Here's a couple images. I chose quite different yarn for 'Slytherin' than people normally use. Here the contrast between the gray and green isn't as strong as others, in fact I chose two satiny yarns, which gives the grey a more polished look. I couldn't find silver yarn, sadly, and this was the only Bernat Satin gray that they had on the shelves. But I like the combination.

Should I make the shoulder strap a snakey? :) I think that would be nice. I didn't have the confidence to do a slytherin badge with a graph, but I thoguht the chevron zig zag makes a sort of snakey shape. Also, this is my first time doing a chevron project, and I'm happy how its turning out. :hook

post-16585-135897423393_thumb.jpg

post-16585-135897423398_thumb.jpg

post-16585-135897423401_thumb.jpg

I like this so far.

If you like backpacks, do that, I'm not a fan of the purse style ones, so I would do a larger bag.

A snakey strap would be cute! Maybe where you end use some buttons for snake eyes. Or embroidery them on.

I'm working on HP stuff too. I'm hufflepuff. My black cable purse that I'm carrying around has a yellow flower to go around the button for the movie. And the lining is animal print and almost looks like a badger face... (Badger is the animal for hufflepuff.).

Debbi

I like the chevron pattern; a sharp design, simple yet classic lines -Good choice. It looks like you are off to a nice start, your first rows; very even stitches, and I really like your colors. A snaky strap sounds like it would tie in very well with your theme -Perhaps letting its head wrap around to the front of the bag from one side, and the tail from the other? (sorry, not real familiar with all the HP characters *blush*)

Looking forward to seeing your finished bag when you're ready!

Archived