iPod Touch case (or sock with a hole!) *PIC HEAVY

muscidae

I had already made a sock for my iPod Touch, but I constantly had to slide it out to look at the screen (look at the time, check what artist was currently playing, check if I had email, etc.) I decided to try and make a case with a "window" large enough for the huge screen but secure enough to keep the iPod in.

I used Lion Brand Suede because I wanted something soft. Now that it's done, I'm thinking it's a bit thicker than what I wanted - but still works fine.

The iPod slides in at the top and I use 2 loops that I attach around the flower-shaped button on the back to keep it in. Then there is a flap I can close to protect the screen, and that also closes with a loop on the same button.

Thanks for looking! :)

post-19618-135897420298_thumb.jpg

post-19618-1358974203_thumb.jpg

post-19618-135897420302_thumb.jpg

post-19618-135897420304_thumb.jpg

post-19618-135897420306_thumb.jpg

Way cool!! Love it!! I just got an iPod touch (2nd gen) last week. I'll have to try workin' up a case for it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julee

Mine is a 2nd gen as well. It's so thin!

If I had to do this again, I would make everything a bit tighter and I would not try to account for the device's thickness. I added a row of sc on the left side of the window, where it attaches to the flap, and I find I didn't need to do that. That side of the "window frame" is too thick and hides the screen a bit. The great thing about making a case out of yarn is that it can stretch a bit, so I will keep that in mind if I ever decide to design a new case!

Archived