Interweave crochet cardigan help

becjac67

Question

I just started the cardigan on page 40 of the Interweave Knits Crochet issue that's new and out on the stands now. I've done the body part first as it says and now I'm up to the Left Front section and I'm totally lost! I'm not sure if I'm not reading something right or what but I can't figure out just how far into the body I'm supposed to go because it doesn't really say...it just says "Cont in row 2 of fan patt"...but how far??

Is anyone making this or have it to look at and see what in the world it is that I can't figure out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

6 answers to this question

It took me awhile after getting my magazine to remember where you posted this. :)

I would interpret that to mean that you do Row 2 of the fan pattern, ch 4, and then continue with the "Row 1" instructions. Rows 2-5 have you start by working Rows 3 and 4 of the fan pattern, and if you did Row 1 at the end of the body, it fits.

I love this cardigan too. What yarn are you using?

Hi Becky, I was thinking about making this same sweater, but the kids kept interrupting! gah! Did you resolve your problem? Can you post a picture if you've finished? And yes, what yarn did you use? I was thinking about making this but using some chenille thick& quick I have that's gathering dust...

Oops sorry I've been awol lately...no I haven't worked anymore on that cardigan I'm sorry to say. I've recently learned to knit and been trying to work on my skills for that and everything else has taken a back seat for a bit. I definitely want to finish it eventually, though. Let me know how you do on it.

Archived