Knitted doily or crochet doily

Goldkeeper

At about 2am this morning I came to a conclusion for me, that I rather :hookcrochet a doily than :knitknit one :( sad but true.. I don't know why , maybe because I kept missing stitches and had to undo rows I already did :think, or maybe is that I am working with more needles than I am use too at one time :think or that I am so used to crocheting doilies that my brain can't grasp it ,so for now I will :hook my doilies. :sigh So back to :knitknitting my 4 scarfs I have started .:D

At 2 a.m. it wouldn't matter whether I was knitting or crocheting, it would be a mess! :lol Sorry you had trouble, Ana! Maybe another time? Sometimes I find I'm just not ready for a type of project yet.

Ana if you want to join us in the next knit along in June I am seriously considering a knit doily. It would be my first attempt at anything like that so I could feel the pain with you. I am staill a fairly new knitter and just breaking into some lace and patterns that are a bit more than just the basic stitches so it is going to be a chalange but I am willing to give it a try. Want to join me?

Carla ,

When I am into something I don't feel tiered plus I got up at 5am with hubby, so all I had today is about 3 hours of sleep. I'll go to the garden and plant :flowersome flowers hubby got for me and them I might take a little cat nap :sleep..

Tammy thanks I will join :yes I was trying to find out if I could handle a knitted doily in advance , I will try to find another pattern for an easier doily , if not I have a few lace scarfs in mind..:yes

So glad you are going to join us. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 different larger doilies or a few scarfs. I may decide to do one scarf and one doily. This way if the doily doesn't work out I will still have the scarf.

Archived