Some good clean fun?!

it's good that you are going, but not so much. Also good that Hannah and Zack are in a stable home:) How old are Doug's parents?

His mom is 50 and his step-dad is I think 58

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
especially when you're like us who live from paycheck to paycheck and we're lucky if we have $1 in the bank when payday comes around again (Doug get's paid every 2 weeks). If it wasn't for the fact that I was raised by my grandparents and they did it on a small budget and taught me how to be thrifty we wouldn't be managing at all. Of course his family helps some but they can only do so much.

:hug I hope things get better for everyone soon. It's just not good what's happening these days

:hug I hope things get better for everyone soon. It's just not good what's happening these days

I'm used to it. Even when I was working I never made much so to me it's no different. It's harder for Doug cause he was used to working 60 hrs and getting huge paychecks and now he's on straight 40 hrs though with lots of good benefits. He has trouble sometimes adjusting to not having money to spend. But I'm used to not having money to spend so it works out.

I'm used to it. Even when I was working I never made much so to me it's no different. It's harder for Doug cause he was used to working 60 hrs and getting huge paychecks and now he's on straight 40 hrs though with lots of good benefits. He has trouble sometimes adjusting to not having money to spend. But I'm used to not having money to spend so it works out.

Well, you have a great attitude about it all! It's harder for the men, I think.

Well, you have a great attitude about it all! It's harder for the men, I think.

Well it's also that I've NEVER had money to spend. So you can't miss what you've never had. He was used to being able buy individual gifts for every member of his family and not worry about the cost for holidays/b-days. He's basically getting an introduction to how a lot of people have to live. LOL it's really funny cause his ex was also named Sarah but she was the total opposite of me and wouldn't know how to be thrifty if her life depended on it.

sorry about that... i had to re-tuck in Krissy & Pete... again. :sigh

That's ok... been there. =0) Keith at least will stay in his room if he doesn't want to go to sleep. Though I've found him sound asleep on the floor before w/ the toy he was playing with still in his hand.

Well it's also that I've NEVER had money to spend. So you can't miss what you've never had. He was used to being able buy individual gifts for every member of his family and not worry about the cost for holidays/b-days. He's basically getting an introduction to how a lot of people have to live. LOL it's really funny cause his ex was also named Sarah but she was the total opposite of me and wouldn't know how to be thrifty if her life depended on it.

that's true...

brb... my Daisy needs to go out, and I need to take her. there's a coyote in my neighborhood tonight.

That's ok... been there. =0) Keith at least will stay in his room if he doesn't want to go to sleep. Though I've found him sound asleep on the floor before w/ the toy he was playing with still in his hand.

That is so sweet. Kids will fight sleep to the very end. Janna tries sometimes too. School has helped with that though.

That is so sweet. Kids will fight sleep to the very end. Janna tries sometimes too. School has helped with that though.

No nap helps with Keith but sometimes I can't stand the crankies so I'll get him to take a nap even though it means he fights bedtime harder.

ok... :whew! I am in!

that's so cute! These 2 just don't want to sleep this summer. It's really not very good. They will be in soooo much trouble when school starts!:lol

ok... :whew! I am in!

that's so cute! These 2 just don't want to sleep this summer. It's really not very good. They will be in soooo much trouble when school starts!:lol

I'm dreading Keith going to school... I am sooo not a morning person. He'll be able to go to pre-school next year. (His b-day falls after the cut-off of Sept. 1st so he can't go this year)

what are you making, and why isn't that yarn working?

this. http://patterns.web-log.nl/patterns/cute_little_doggie/

and cause simply soft is just so slippery to work with with a small hook (H) LOL I've gotten too used to using a K hook and lion brand homespun or jiffy.

I'm dreading Keith going to school... I am sooo not a morning person. He'll be able to go to pre-school next year. (His b-day falls after the cut-off of Sept. 1st so he can't go this year)

that extra year will work in his favor :wink

do they have afternoon pre-school where you are?

this. http://patterns.web-log.nl/patterns/cute_little_doggie/

and cause simply soft is just so slippery to work with with a small hook (H) LOL I've gotten too used to using a K hook and lion brand homespun or jiffy.

that IS a cute little doggy! I hear you about the smaller hooks:lol

That puppy is so cute! Good luck with it. I know it's hard to adjust to a new size hook when you're used to a certain size.

that IS a cute little doggy! I hear you about the smaller hooks:lol

That puppy is so cute! Good luck with it. I know it's hard to adjust to a new size hook when you're used to a certain size.

it's mainly the paws that are giving me trouble cause it's working in the round with such a small area (only 8 stitches at it's thinest, 12 at it's widest)

But the blue puppy that I bought him when I was pregnant with him is looking rather raggedy and I can't get another one cause it's TY brand and they only put them out for a certain amount of time and then they replace them. So unless I could find one on e-bay or at a garage sale/thrift store I'm not likely to find another one.

Archived