Some good clean fun?!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL I cheated. I always took my grandpa's sleeping bag cause they were afraid of doing anything that would damage it so as long as I was tucked in the sleeping bag I was safe =0)

:tup... that was a good plan!

Not much. Just trying to finish presents for Keith's b-day and trying to teach him to clean his room (big battle there as he's got way too many toys so will take half of them out trying to decide what to play with). Not going to be able to finish the afghan but did get the pillow so and am 2/3 of the way done with the puppy and then I'm probably going to use up some scrap yarn and make a couple of little blankets for his stuffed animals cause he likes to pretend to put them down for "naps"

so, you have been busy! that picking up toys business can take up your whole day!:yes We are almost done with toys here:(

Good idea, Sarah!

Lots of yarn in that little cabinet! A few WIPs, and books and magazines. I may have to donate some of this yarn. I have no idea what I would make with it.

Good idea, Sarah!

Lots of yarn in that little cabinet! A few WIPs, and books and magazines. I may have to donate some of this yarn. I have no idea what I would make with it.

what cabinet?

so, you have been busy! that picking up toys business can take up your whole day!:yes We are almost done with toys here:(

Yeah especially with stubborn little boys... I'm probably going to have to have a garage sale at one of Doug's family member's houses (we can't have them here in our trailer park) to get rid of all the toys I've got boxed up plus what we're going to purge to get ready for his b-day and Christmas. One drawback to Doug having a large family that's all close by...TOO MANY TOYS!!!

A have a cabinet in my living room that I put my yarn in.

I'm sure there's something around here. I'll have to Google it! hahaha

A have a cabinet in my living room that I put my yarn in.

I'm sure there's something around here. I'll have to Google it! hahaha

Ahhh mine all fits on the two 2 shelf units in the bedroom (don't have a very big stash at all) But that's what happens when you buy only for projects and usually just one skein at a time so I can use Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupons and rarely just cause. Only just cause yarn I have is the blue shades of simply soft I bought w/ B-day money last year but I'm using some of that to make Keith's puppy.

Yeah especially with stubborn little boys... I'm probably going to have to have a garage sale at one of Doug's family member's houses (we can't have them here in our trailer park) to get rid of all the toys I've got boxed up plus what we're going to purge to get ready for his b-day and Christmas. One drawback to Doug having a large family that's all close by...TOO MANY TOYS!!!

I am having a garage sale, too... I think in October. I have been purging. I promised 10% of what I make for charity.

How is your purging going, LeaAnne? I need to start doing that. Oh, wait. I will as soon as I donate some yarn!

Ahhh mine all fits on the two 2 shelf units in the bedroom (don't have a very big stash at all) But that's what happens when you buy only for projects and usually just one skein at a time so I can use Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupons and rarely just cause. Only just cause yarn I have is the blue shades of simply soft I bought w/ B-day money last year but I'm using some of that to make Keith's puppy.

there's much to be said for not having extra. I have waaaaay too much! some of it is more than 15 years old at least! it's kind of silly

I am having a garage sale, too... I think in October. I have been purging. I promised 10% of what I make for charity.

We'd donate but we really can use any money we can make right now. Our budget is stretched really thin and it's not helped that we got thrown off because Doug did some sidework for his brother's boss 4th of July weekend and has yet to be paid for it, but he paid out of his pocket for gas and food and we didn't really have that. So it's got us behind a bit.

We'd donate but we really can use any money we can make right now. Our budget is stretched really thin and it's not helped that we got thrown off because Doug did some sidework for his brother's boss 4th of July weekend and has yet to be paid for it, but he paid out of his pocket for gas and food and we didn't really have that. So it's got us behind a bit.

It's hard when folks don't understand when people are actually relying on being paid. and these days, the littlest thing can realy set you back:yes

so, how is Doug's family? Have you visited with them? last I knew, you were taking a much needed break.

Some. I tend to let Doug go with Keith and stay home. Go about once every two weeks or once a month. His mom and step-dad won the custody battle for Hannah and Zack. His mom is now realizing just how tough it's been for us not having anyone to watch Keith cause she's dealing w/ it now and she understands now how it is to not be able to have a date night or just a night alone w/ Doug's step-dad.

So....how's it going? Have you gotten a lot done?

I have my attic, linen closet and cedar closet left to purge. Krissy helped me do the bedrooms:clap

Oh, and I need to do my kitchen.

It's hard when folks don't understand when people are actually relying on being paid. and these days, the littlest thing can realy set you back:yes

especially when you're like us who live from paycheck to paycheck and we're lucky if we have $1 in the bank when payday comes around again (Doug get's paid every 2 weeks). If it wasn't for the fact that I was raised by my grandparents and they did it on a small budget and taught me how to be thrifty we wouldn't be managing at all. Of course his family helps some but they can only do so much.

That must be a big adjustment for them. But thank goodness they won the custody battle! How are Hannah and Zack doing?

Some. I tend to let Doug go with Keith and stay home. Go about once every two weeks or once a month. His mom and step-dad won the custody battle for Hannah and Zack. His mom is now realizing just how tough it's been for us not having anyone to watch Keith cause she's dealing w/ it now and she understands now how it is to not be able to have a date night or just a night alone w/ Doug's step-dad.

it's good that you are going, but not so much. Also good that Hannah and Zack are in a stable home:) How old are Doug's parents?

I have my attic, linen closet and cedar closet left to purge. Krissy helped me do the bedrooms:clap

Oh, and I need to do my kitchen.

LOL I HAD all the totes empty... Doug has managed to fill 2 of them again with his "cleaning" His "cleaning" is to take everything off the area he's cleaning and dump it in a tote.

Archived