crochet hooks grip

i have seen some pictures and illustrations with grips on the handles of the hooks the grips appear to be some kind of plastic and look like they may be soft kind of i have fibromyalgia and i have terrible pain in between my fingers sometimes and these look like they could help me alot i hope someone can tell me where i can get some of these :hook

Janny

:yes I JUST ORDERED SOME OF THESE ONLINE FROM HERRSCHNERS, THEY ARE CALLED CROCHET CUSHIONS, AND THEY ARE GREAT! YOU'LL LOVE THEM. THEY ARE SOFT AND FEEL VERY NICE IN THE HAND. THEY COME IN A PACK OF 2, I THINK FOR UNDER $4.00 AND A FEW DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING. WORTH EVERY PENNY OF IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID WITHOUT THEM ! YOU NEED TO USE A LITTLE DISH SOAP TO GET THEM ON THE HOOK AND THAT WILL MAKE THEM SLIDE RIGHT ON, BUT THEN ONCE ON THEY STAY IN PLACE JUST GREAT. OK, I'M GOING TO GO CROCHET NOW.

• 1 month later...

I do the TJ gooshy grips as used in video found at Walmart they feel a little sticky at first but it wears off , or I go to stationary store and get the non jelly type's that look more like the comfort cushions , I like her tubing method but not gotten around to getting some , so I just take one of the grips and cut it length wise in small increments and make shims to be placed into the hole of the grip as pencil grip holes are usually to big for anything smaller than say a K most times I use two to fill the whole hook up to the top extra comfy for me if buying the real comfort cushions no need for two per hook love susan bates comfort cushions there is a large size that fits to a K and there is the small size that fits up to a G, make sure you order the right sizes as I made a mistake once, I think wright boyle makes them too but I find the susan bates comfort cushions at joanns online and I agree worth every penny the pencil grips are a tad more cost effective ..If I were Queen lol all hooks would come with them..I also put a grip to cush that valley on the bates bamboo handle hooks too..makes it a mean machine lol

and finally, a little warning steer clear of those little blue things you see at all the sites made for hooks that come in a package of like 6 or 8 in assorted sizes,they are rough ,not cushy at all and feel like sand paper to me really don't know what they were thinking when they made them.

my two cents :)

Archived