in the round

crazzy cow

Question

I am making a snowman and it looks funny

I am stuck at rnd 21. I have 48 sc and then it tells me it goes down to 42 I am lost

rnd 21 sc in next 6 sts, sc next 2 sts tog around (42) (together I think)

rnd 22 (sc in next 5 sts, sc next 2 sts tog) around (36)

rnd 23 (sc in next 4 sts, sc next 2 sts tog) around (30)

rnd 24 (sc in next 3 sts, sc next 2 sts tog) around (24)

rnd 25 (sc in next 2 sts, sc next 2 sts tog)18

rnd 26 2 sc in each st around (36)

rnd 27-37 Sc in each around

rnd 38-40 Repeat rnds 23-25

rnd 41 (Sc in next st, sc next 2 sts tog) around (12)

rnd 42 (Sc next 2 sts tog ) around join with slst and fasten off.

I am not getting what they mean by I guess is the (sc next 2 sts tog) it sounds like I am supposed to decrease and I am not doing it.....:shrug

in need of help

Becky:th :th :th

3 answers to this question

Hi Becky. :)) I'll try to help you out. :hug

I think that you are right, it is a decrease. So, in Round 21, you are going to repeat (6 sc and a decrease (sc in 2 tog) ) around. This will give you 6 decreases. On the next round, you're going to repeat (5 sc and a decrease in the next 2 sc) around and so on until round 25. Then on Rounds 39-40 you'll be decreasing again.

I hope this helps! :)

Thank you Tiffney it helped me out.:)h I worked on it again last night after I posted and had read the pattern again and it started to make it alot clearer on how to make it. I hate when something is so easy to make but then you get a big brain block:sherlock

I would like to post it when I am done,,,But I dont know how on this board or to make my own blog someday

Thanks a bunch

Becky

Becky,

I'm glad the pattern's working out for you! :hug Check out this post on how to post photos. If you have a digital camera or can scan photos to the computer, posting photos are just a few steps away. :))

Archived