guage swatches

After all the years of making guage swatches for my projects and then :frog it I have decieded to make scarves out of them. I am using my scrap yarn or buy an extra skien if i dont have that weight. The last two scarfs I have made, I just use the pattern stitch and I have some awesome christmas gifts and more, lol.

On another note, sorry I havn't been on for awhile. I have been working 2 jobs to make ends meet. I will try to be on more oftener. Keep :crocheting friends.

That's a neat idea, I sometimes save mine for wash or dish cloths, and have in the past made afghans from them. But your scarf suggestion is cool, I don't have to save as many.

I frog mine and re-use them, usually in the current project. Or if it's a new (to me) yarn, I keep the swatch with a label from the yarn and a note about which stitch & hook I used for the swatch.

I'm not keen on working with squares, but have noticed several people request them in their RAOK lists. So maybe I could make my squares 10" or 12" and gift them to people, what do you think? I'm just not sure I'm that patient to swatch such a big square :blush

I use guage swatches first of all to test how the finished project will launder. Then I save them and periodically use them for free form crochet.

Archived