Hank of yarn

Ok quick question Does anyone know if a hank of yarn would make up a scarf if I got some today or not going to a yarn store in Rochester, Mi so I'm just curious before I go and buy it

Weight/yardage matter more than weather the yarn is a hank or a skein. 50g of yarn is enough for a thin, maybe open-stitch scarf if the yarn is worsted weight or thinner. I don't know about thicker yarns.

Are you going to Skeins on Main? I've never been, but I hear it's very nice!

You could probably make a nice scarf from one hank if it was lace weight or fingering. Maybe sport. It really would depend on the yardage, as Karen said. Try www.yarndex.com if you know the name of the yarn

Are you going to Skeins on Main? I've never been, but I hear it's very nice!

You could probably make a nice scarf from one hank if it was lace weight or fingering. Maybe sport. It really would depend on the yardage, as Karen said. Try www.yarndex.com if you know the name of the yarn

Yes I did end up going to Skeins on Main and let me tell you that is one nice store they have a place to get coffee in the shop they have so much yarn it's huge in there you should stop in if you get the chance I got 2 hanks of yarn of Alpaca and a skein of plymouth yarn oh my goodness you have got to go there you'd love it is also a crochet friendly shop they people there were great the lady even spun the hanks of yarn into balls for me

Archived