I sighted 2 items!!

It really sucks when people do that. It's not the same as what happened to you but I'd once knitted/crocheted a shawl for my mom that she was using to cover my napping daughter when some woman tried to steal it in the store. She slowly pulled it away from my daughter and then when my mom saw it disappearing she picked a fight with my mom saying it was "her shawl" that the counter girl had meant to "hold it" for her and she was buying it (only more vulgarly). The counter girl even got in on it, trying to offer it for a bidding war style price, (it was a second hand shop). Boy was my mom pissed, but she could prove (security video clearly showed it) that she'd come in with it and my little girl saying "my mommy made it" also helped. Sad thing is that happens all the time. The counter girl there knew my mom owned that shawl, she'd talked to her before about it. As it is I often have to keep a hawkeye on handmade items because they walk away and some people are so nervy they'll scream and swear they bought that custom-fitted item with a custom flower stitched in for identification...

*Sigh,* I'm really sorry for the long-winded rant. In a nutshell I meant to say I understand and sympathize. It's sad that someone would try to make money from creations you so kindly planned to share.

Take care,

Holiday

P.S. Just say the word and I'll edit out the above rambling :)

I AM SOOO STUPID!!! I just went back and reread this thread. LOL. I'm sorry. I requoted you. Oh. Things have been crazy here. I have been getting lots of emails with stories. I got yours mixed in with the others. Your story was pretty bad, though. I'll be alright soon.

Archived