Help lol I'm stuck! (Poncho)

MarvieN

Question

Ok, maybe it's just late and I'm tired (though I don't feel that tired) but something isn't making sense to me about this pattern http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=25002&categoryid=

It's round three. Maybe it's just the wording of it, but it says "Rnd 3: Ch 3, beg Ldc in same st as joining, skip first marker, Ldc in each st around to 2nd marker, 3 Ldc in marked st, skip 3rd marker, Ldc in each st around, work last Ldc in same st as beg ch-3 to join; turn – 88 sts." The first marker is 19 stitches away from the join... can anyone explain to me what this is trying to tell me to do? I'm stumped.

While I'm at it I have to say that my piece isn't looking like it's going to fit an adult so I probably have to frog the darn thing and start over lol. Granted I am not using the yarn called for, but I am using the hook called for (and nope I didn't swatch rofl) so I can at least figure out what to do about that while waiting to see if anyone here understands this section that's got me stuck lol.

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure after reading through it a couple of times, that they must have skipped the Ldc in ea st to marker, that was on the previous 2 rounds. It is the only thing that makes sense and the only way you can end up with the number of stitches that they tell you. I would try that and see how it looks.

It is fairly common for this kind of thing to happen, because they have someone type in the pattern from a free pamphlet for their website and as with any of us, typos do happen.

This was actually the first poncho I made... It is a weird pattern to follow, but the gyst is that it will be a diamond shape, but more pointed in the front and back and more rounded on the sides...so sometimes you make a corner at each point, and somtimes just the front and back points to get a more rounded effect on the sides...hope that makes sense!

Archived