Unkymoods?

csabers

I know a lot of us use a free service called "unkymoods" to show cute little mood monitors on our blog. I just noticed that mine was gone and when I went to the unkymoods.com site it's gone!

Does anyone know what happened? Beth? Sara? (trying to think of who else uses this)

Somehow the place where he hosts his site at had some kind of server side problem, once he informed them they got it back up.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else noticed that the site is gone again? This time, GoDaddy.com has taken over... I assume that means it is gone for good? Anyone know what happened? Can anyone recommend a similar service?

I don't know what's up with unkymoods... hopefully they will come back. But I wanted to mention that it hasn't been taken over by GoDaddy. A page like that just means that someone has registered the domain name unkymoods.com with GoDaddy but has not yet put up a site. I use GoDaddy to register all my domain names and it's a good company. It's possible that the owner allowed the domain name to expire and someone else swooped in and registered it.

Ah... I was under the impression that godaddy registered and resold domain names or something so i figured unkymoods was long gone... but i've never said i was a computer/internet wiz. lol

I have my domain hosted with godaddy, the page that is up is their standard page for when nothing elsse is there or if there is a problem. I emialed Unky this morning and will let you know if he answers back. Sometimes it takes a couple days.

Sad News from Unky:

Hi Kari,

Because of hosting issues and programming problems, I'm not going to be

putting UnkyMoods back anytime soon. I just don't have the time or

patience for it right now. I may be looking at selling the site, but I

have no idea how I would go about doing that, since the site isn't up

anymore. Sorry for the sudden disappearance. :(

Thanks for being such a faithful member.

-Marc

Archived