Lion Brand Imagine yarn...

Holiday

Hi. I'm teaching my mom and daughter how to do Tunsian crochet and one of the projects they want to make is a red shawl/wrap that calls for Lion Brand Imagine yarn. The thing is the yarn has been discontinued and I don't remember ever seeing or handling it. I know I can find a substitute based on fiber and weight but I was hoping for some personal opinions on Imagine yarn. See, I want their finished product-especially my mom's because she's completely new to crochet-to come out as close to the desired original as possible. So, those of you who have used/handled Imagine yarn what was it like? Soft? Springy? Just a little fuzzy or a lot fuzzy? Is there a substitute that automatically springs to mind when you think of it? I've been thinking I can find a substitute in the Brown Sheep line of yarns or maybe Worsted Weight Wool-Ease but I'd love some seasoned opinions...

Well, either way, thanks for reading all :)

Holiday

Thanks for posting this; I was wanting to make that wrap as well and I didn't know Imagine had been discontinued.

I went ahead and started it using Cotton-Ease instead. It's not mohair and the gauge is different, but I'm not really worried about it since it's just a wrap; I just made fewer chains in the foundation row.

Hi Karen,

That did help, thank you. It mentioned that Wool-Ease was a potential substitute and I have some in a cranberry color I think I will use. I imagine (lol, sorry for the pun) that there is a Brown Sheep yarn that is almost the same but it'll be weeks before I get into town so they can use the Wool-Ease for now. It's really soft and pretty and easy to work with so I think they'll be pleased :)

PJ,

I thought Cotton-Ease had been discontinued as well? Hmm. I have heard many good things about that yarn, I will have to look harder for it the next time I am in the stores. *Grins,* it may just be our stores, the shelves almost always are more than 2/3 empty. I guess the supply just can't keep up with the demand out here. Thanks for the info and you're right-about it basically not mattering, that's part of the reason I'm starting them out on scarves and wraps.

Later days,

Holiday

Archived