Bra

crochetfun

Question

3 answers to this question

I would think the place to stop the increase would depend on who the halter is for and how big the breasts are (sorry for being blunt, but it's true). Measure the person (or if it's you, have someone measure you) around the chest under the breasts. That's your total for the top of the halter portion. The bra portion should be about half the halter part, so I would think that the bottom of each triangle should be about one quarter of the measured total.

To make sure you have enough material to cover "up top," measure around the fullest part of the breasts and then subtract the chest circumference from the new measurement. That should give you an idea of how big the triangles need to be. (Same way you would measure for a new bra.)

You may need to overlap the triangles a bit in the front, depending on the size of the bust of the wearer and the amount of cleavage that will be showing.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much Melissa. You're all going to laugh at me, but I never knew how to measure for a bra. (obviously I am the right person to start this project:lol )

I am going to try, worst that can happen is some frogging.

Archived