Bernat's Bamboo yarn

Can someone tell me more about it??? I was in AC Moores and they had some. That's the first time I've seen it (or rather FELT it) I LOVE love LOVE it!!! I didn't buy any because I have so many works in progress right now, but I would love to do maybe a lacy tank or something with it. What's it like to work with??? Is it a good garment yarn? I've never done a garment before (other than layettes) but I WILL make something for myself out of that yarn! What am I in for???

I only used it to make stuffed animals,( it work well to make them furry.) It is easy to work with, only problem is if you have to frog, it does not undo easy. It also leaves fuzz behind.

I was able to see that yarn in Joanns. It's so soft! :c9 I was thinking maybe a baby blanket with it but only if it was on sale. The skeins are so small and it would be rather expensive even on sale, but oh what a soft blanket that would be. Except it's hand wash. :( Baby blankets and hand wash don't mix IMO.

I used that yarn color - camo for a baby snow dragon. I combined it with solid green (I love that yarn cotton) for the spines and eye ridges. It is so smooth and soft to crochet with. My only problem with the camo coloration is it was hard to see where my stitches were, but I got over it :D . I can't imagine how wonderful it would feel to the baby, as a blanket.

I haven't used the Bernat bamboo but I have used the Patons silk bamboo, and it's lovely. Yes, soo soft! And cheap when you buy it with a coupon. I think you deserve something special for ourself. Wait for those AC Moore coupons and slowly buy enough to make yourself a camisole. What's a little hand washing to the joy you'll feel when you make and wear something super special for yourself? Patty

Thanks Patty :D I don't live near an AC Moore, I was visiting Dave's daughter about an hour away. I went online and found that AC Moore's price was very good compared to the couple sites I went to. So, I don't know, maybe later on in the fall I'll consider it.

Archived