lip balm cozy (with cord)

AdenPenn

my friend asked me to make a chapstick holder for her daughter who keeps losing it. I am used to making things that are in a square pattern. Never made a hat, or anything of the like. After a few tries...I DID IT!! (Yatta!) :yay I am so excited. Now I want to make more!

(please forgive the crappy cellphone picture)

image265og1.jpg

Good job! I'm sure you feel more confident now to try other things in the round, it really opens up a new and exciting world. I understand how proud you must feel because when I got back to crochet earlier this year I found I'd forgotten almost everything and had to take small steps, one of the first things I made in the round was an iPod cozy in ribbon yarn (LB Incredible). I remember when I decided to make the first hat for my daughter back in July, I chose a mesh pattern with a big flower called "Beginner Friendly Hat" and it worked up so fast and easily I lost my fear of making hats. In fact, I even created my own little pattern for a boy/man's hat and used it to make several Christmas gifts. I'm sure you'll do very well from now on.

Archived