Need some help here.

Sonny321

Question

I am making a sweater using the simple square pattern found at the bottom of this page: members.aol.com/lffunt/flatbraid.htm

I've made one before that turned out quite well, however on that one I did the sleeves somewhat differently. On the one I'm making now I'm going to attempt to use the same type of squares that I am using on the body, In order to do that I think I'm going to need Half Squares both diagonal and the other way to get the decreases to look right. I have been trying to figure out how to make this square in half for the past 3 days and it's really making me crazy :bang :th Any thoughts on how to do this? I'm making this sweater as a prototype for one that I am going to make next for a plus sized friend who is going to pay me to make one for her so I need to get this to look right. Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifI would use the squares as the top of the sleeve. The part that runs from the top of the shoulder to the wrist. I'd make the triangular part of the sleeve from sc or some other pattern that is easily decreased or increased depending.

sleeve.bmp

The squares are the granny squares, the triangular area is the rest of the sleeve and I added a cuff at the bottom of the last granny square.

Thank you both, Those ideas ought to work. The last time I made this sweater I did this SC chain 3 skip one SC and SC in the next st. Sort of thing for the sleeves making a lacy looking sleeve with a slight( and uninntentional but pretty) flair at the wrists.

Archived