Sweet Rose Sachet

brendaKbrown

Christmas is coming and I have been scrambling for ideas for stocking stuffers for my mom and my mother-in-law. I wanted a sachet, but didn't have time to go looking for one, so here's mine! Feel free to use the pattern, but PLEASE do not take credit for my work. And, there's no picutre, yep, because I'm blind. Merry Christmas and happy crocheting!

Sweet Rose Sachet

By Brenda Brown

Size: About 5 inches in diameter.

Materials: Size 10 crochet thread, pink and white; size 6 steel crochet hook; needle; fiberfill stuffing; potpourri; nylon stocking.

Front:

Rose: With pink, ch5, join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.

Rnd 1: Ch1, sc in ring, ch2, (sc in ring, ch2) 5 times, join with sl st in first sc: 6 ch-2 sps.

Rnd 2: Ch1, sc in joining, * ch1, 3 dc in nt ch2 sp, ch1 **, sc in nt sc; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc: 6 petals.

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc around sc of joining, * ch3, sc around nt sc; rep from * around, ch3, join with sl st in first sc: 6 ch-3 sps.

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc in joining, * ch1, 5 dc in nt ch3 sp, ch1 **, sc in nt sc; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc: 6 petals.

Rnd 5: Ch1, sc around sc of joining, * ch4, sc around nt sc; rep from * around, ending ch4, join with sl st in first sc: 6 ch-4 sps.

Rnd 6: Ch1, sc in joining, * ch1, 7 dc in nt ch4 sp, ch1 *, sc in nt sc; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc: 6 petals.

Rnd 7: Rep Rnd 5: 6 ch-4 sps. Cut pink and weave in ends.

Border:

Rnd 1: Join white with sl st in joining sc; ch3 (counts as dc, throughout), 5 dc in nt ch4 sp, * dc in nt sc, 5 dc in nt ch4 sp; rep from * around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 36 dc.

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in nt dc, 2 dc in nt dc, * dc in nt 2 dc, 2 dc in nt dc; rep from * around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 48 dc.

Rnd 3: Ch3, dc in nt 4 dc, 2 dc in nt dc, * dc in nt 5 dc, 2 dc in nt dc; rep from * around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 56 dc.

Rnd 4: ch3, dc in nt 5 dc, 2 dc in nt dc, * dc in nt 6 dc, 2 dc in nt dc; rep from * around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 64 dc.

Rnd 5: Ch3, dc in each dc around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Back: With white, ch5, join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.

Rnd 1: ch3, 11 dc in ring, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 12 dc.

Rnd 2: Ch3, dc in joining, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 24.

Rnd 3: Ch3, 2 dc in nt dc, * dc in nt dc, 2 dc in nt dc; rep from * around, join with sl st in top of beg ch3: 36.

Rnds 4-7: Rep Rnds 2-5 of front. At end of last rnd, do not fasten off.

Fill toe of nylon sock with potpourri until you have a ball about the size of a golf ball. Tie the top of the nylon close to the potpourri and cut leaving about 1/2 inch of nylon after the knot. Place ball of potpourri inside the stuffing.

Ruffle:

Rnd 1: With wrong sides of front and back together and working through both thicknesses, ch1, sc in both thicknesses, * ch1, sk nt dc, (2 dc, ch2, 2 dc) in nt dc, ch1, sk nt dc, sc in nt dc; rep from * around, filing with stuffing and potpourri before closing. At end of rnd, sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Rnd 2: Join pink with sl st in joining sc; ch1, sc in joining, * ch2, sk nt dc, sc in nt dc, ch3, sk nt ch2 sp, sc in nt dc, ch2 **, sc in nt sc; rep from * around, ending at **, join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Brenda! :cheeryou must be a mindreader! I had my heart set on

making a sweet sachet for my Mum for this Christmas.

I will definitely give your pattern a try.:hook

Thank-you very much for sharing, this is just what Santa ordered! :crocheting

Archived