bummed

Now I am really bummed! :( Found some absolutley adorable

floral sachets patterns, filled my cart, went to the check-out

only then to discovered they allow payments with by credit cards! :angry

So, slowly empty my cart, sigh. :( I know they have the right to do

business as they see fit, but they have lost by business! :devil

Not knowing what site you were visiting, I'm kinda working in the dark here.. but if it's a small business, they might work with you.

Look for contact info or an inquiry button or link and email and inquire if there would be another way of payment that they would accept.

You could also try it with a larger business, but I would think that the chances of success would be less.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :) It never hurts to ask.. the worst they can do is say no. :)

Sandy Jo, if you don't want to pay with a credit card, did you know you can pay with a gift card imprinted with either the Master Card or Visa logo? You can use those gift cards wherever Master Card and Visa are accepted.

They aren't actual credit cards, they're just gift cards that you can purchase with as much money on them as you like. You can even get reloadable options, so that once you only have a few dollars left on it, you can add more money to it.

The advantage to you is if the information is stolen, the person can't rack up any credit debt; they can only spend whatever amount is on the card.

You can get these cards at most banks in the US. Some stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, bookstores, and others are even starting to offer them.

This is a wonderful option for those who can't/don't/won't use credit cards for online shopping.

eBay no longer allows merchants to accept checks or money orders. I don't know if your seller is an eBay merchant, but that could be the reason. That & other reasons is why I closed my eBay store.

eBay no longer allows merchants to accept checks or money orders. I don't know if your seller is an eBay merchant, but that could be the reason. That & other reasons is why I closed my eBay store.

I had no idea about this and had to go check ebay's answer center to make sure.

This is true.. except for a few areas like Motors and Industrial.. sellers are not allowed to say that they accept checks or MO's.

Ebay says this is for protection of buyers and sellers.. maybe.. and maybe it's also a way for them to increase their share since they own paypal.

I would've closed my store too. Makes blujay.com (no fees to buyer or seller) even more attractive.

Thanks all, yes, it is a bigger company, with loads of craft, crochet,knitting ect.

patterns for sale. I guess I was a little

surprised and disappointed they did not at least accept paypal.

Thanks Amy! no, I had not heard of the gift cards. They must

work more like debit cards.

Wow, I know what is going to be added to my Santa list now!!! :D

Archived