Orphanage Needs some help

Tapanga

My Husband has been working with a gentleman in Bulgaria and it came up that both he and his wife have been helping out at their local orphanage. Things there are needless to say austere.

If you are looking to donate some baby-small child items this is perfect for you. I will get a mailing address for our contact, Mark.

Please keep in mind this is for overseas, so postage may be a bit more. If you cannot afford to ship it overseas, you can send it to me and I will combine it with whatever we send and mail it out.

Here is an excerpt from the email regarding their needs.

"The children range from 3 months to four years old. They are lovely children who deserve better. In particular they require, disposable nappies, shoes, cot blankets as well as clothes.

We would be very glad of any help."

Toys, lovies, blankets, hats, mittens, anything your little ones would need, they need.

Thank you!

I'd be more than happy to help out, but I couldn't possibly send anything until some time in January. When are you sending your box out, since I couldn't send it myself?

I crochet, knit and quilt and am thinking of making a few quilts and maybe some hats or mittens?

Our first box will go out late January. We will most likely be sending a few out later as well. I am not aiming for Christmas, so there isn't really a time crunch.

And those items would be lovely! The would get lots of use out of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Tapanga,

:blushI'm sorry that I hadn't replied sooner, for some reason I thought I had... :think then I checked the thread to look again at the mailing date you had written and that's when I realized that I didn't reply. Woops!

Anyways, I have been so busy (and continue to be) that I can't possibly make anything until after Christmas. So, how about I craft for two weeks after Christmas for the orphanage then mail you the things... will that be alright as far as your mailing time?

That sounds wonderful! There is no way I can send out for Christmas. But when its all over I'll have a chance to get some stuff together. I'm shamefully slow at crochet and knitting, so most of my gifts are going to be whatever clothing, toys and such I can gather from friends and family.

For those of you that don't know, gently used items are just as welcome!

Archived