Have you made any money from your blog

hooklady

I'm not sure how many people are really making anything more than spare change from their blogs. For a blog to make a significant amount of money, you'd need to develop a huge readership base, which would mean you'd need a lot of unique, interesting content.

There are lots of books dedicated to making money on the internet. You may want to check some of them out from your local library. It can't hurt to try some of the suggestions in the books, but I'm not convinced that many people would be able to make significant money in this manner.

Be aware that some books and websites may recommend you go around posting in lots of forums, making comments in blogs around the net, and all sorts of other things, leaving links to your blog in your posts. Please be aware that many sites consider that "spammy" behavior, and you could find your posts being deleted or your account banned in many places for that kind of posting. If you plan on using some of that type of advice, my suggestion would be to read the TOS and guidelines of any place you plan on posting prior to posting/advertising your blog, so you can make sure you're following the guidelines of that community.

I've gotten the impression that this woman makes money off this:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

It's quite an enjoyable site. It has a new format and style, a tad too busy and modern for me. But, most of her readers are younger than I.

She's full of joie de vivre and it comes thru everything she posts, photographs, etc. I think it's why she draws so many readers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have, my blog is about crafting for charity. I have published crochet patterns and have contests. A lot of sites link to the patterns on my blog so I have between 400 and 600 hits a day to it. Even with that it took a full year to earn $100 from google (that's their minimum for a payment). I also use ProjectWonderful.com and make about $10 a month. It helps buy yarn and contest prizes but not much more.

Thanks for the info Gran...I'll check out the web page.

Deb, with your permission, I'll add a link to your page on my blog. I also went to your site and clicked on every ad I could find and will do that periodically. Hope it helps you.

Archived