PSSO help please

SmoothFox

I think I'm doing something wrong with trying a PSSO

I am to YO, sl 1 st, (does this mean to just put the yarn in the front of the needles and to take the next stitch, act like I am going to purl it and put it on the right needle, then it says to knit one (assume I put the yarn back to the back to knit) and then to PSSO so I take the sl stitch and put it BACK? on the left needle and knit it????

So if I started the row with 19 stitches, I should end with 19? Right? But some how I am ending with either 18 and if I rip it out and try again, I end up with more.

I know.... stupid stupid newbie question.

Donna

OK, so you YO (which adds one stitch), then with yarn to the front you slip 1 stitch from your left needle to the right needle as if you were going to purl it, then you put the yarn to the back and knit the next stitch off your left needle, then you use the tip of your left needle to pull that stitch you slipped purlwise OVER that stitch you just knit and off of your right needle and let it go. You don't actually keep it on the left needle or knit it, you're just pulling it over the knit stitch. This subtract a stitch and keeps the stitch count even.

I hope this helps. :)

I think I'm doing something wrong with trying a PSSO

I am to YO, sl 1 st, (does this mean to just put the yarn in the front of the needles and to take the next stitch, act like I am going to purl it and put it on the right needle, then it says to knit one (assume I put the yarn back to the back to knit) and then to PSSO so I take the sl stitch and put it BACK? on the left needle and knit it????

So if I started the row with 19 stitches, I should end with 19? Right? But some how I am ending with either 18 and if I rip it out and try again, I end up with more.

I know.... stupid stupid newbie question.

Donna

I think I see where I went wrong. All I did was lay the yarn in front when it said to YO, then I sl st'ed one over to the right needle and immediately brought the yarn to the back to knit. Not over the hook and around like a real YO.

THANKS

Archived