Buttoned Tassel Bookmark/Bookthong

CrochetAmore

3039953176_8757e3400f_m.jpg

Buttoned Tassel Bookmark/Bookthong

Materials: (US) size 7 steel hook, size 10 cotton thread, novelty button with shank (be sure end of hook will fit through shank far enough to draw up a loop)

Leaving 5 inch tail, ch 75, place hook through shank of button and draw up loop, yo, draw through both loops on hook, working back along starting ch, skip 1 ch, sl st in each remaining ch, fasten off leaving 5 inch tail.

For tassel: Cut 16 strands of thread approximately 7-8 inches long, set one strand aside.Holding the 15 strands of thread together and using the two tails at end of bookmark, secure tightly in place at the center of the tassel with a double knot, let the tails hang down to blend with the tassel.

Using remaining strand of thread, wrap around the tassel approximately 1/4 inch below top of and tie securely with a double knot (these will blend into the tassel as well), trim tassel evenly at bottom.

Designed and written by April Moreland

© 2008 All rights reserved.

All of my patterns in one place: Dishcloth Diaries

:clap THANK YOU!!

I will have to make some of these up for my son's 2nd grade class! It looks like they will work up pretty quick!

You're welcome :manyheart

It does work up insanely fast... you could have enough done for the whole class in no time at all! :hook

And with all the cute novelty buttons, the kids will love them!

Archived